This is my 500th post.
It seemed a good time to pause, to thank God for words, and friends, and encouraging readers.
There has been an ebb and flow, but I am thankful for the discipline of writing, reflecting and this amazing platform of blogging which was an unknown not so many years ago.
I’ve almost quit a number of times and then hear such encouraging feedback that I keep going. Thank you to those who have encouraged me!
I find it interesting that some of the top ten blogs are about people – the blog about my mother – Conversations with Mom – is number one. So many people loved mom, and I write about her last days at hospice, almost six years ago. She inspires me, and believed in me.
I’ve been at hospice often lately, and I sense her presence there – so many of the staff remember her. She was an inspiration and portrayed courage and hope in the most difficult of circumstances.
Number two spot goes to another of my role models, my paternal grandmother. Part of her story is written in my book A Journey of Hope . I wrote the story of my Grandma Annie a few years ago, on her birthday. She will always be a special person in my life, and you can read all about it here: A Woman to Honour and Remember.
The third place blog goes to “God Cares about the Little Things.” This was written a year ago, and I share some of the every day miracles that I have experienced in my work as a hospital chaplain. In fact, I’m thinking this one might make the cut for my next booklet of stories I’m hoping to produce sometime this year.
The other top blogs are these:
4. Silent Night One of my favourites, written in the Christmas Season, November 30, 2012. One of the first of many blogs.
5. A Tribute to My Dad Another role model, my dad, almost 88 – his birthday is this week! He is going strong, and loved by many. I think this attributed to the popularity of this blog!
6. Things are not always as they Seem. This was a piece I wrote about the labels we use, and how we need to be aware!
7. Living in the Land of Limbo This is another blog about hospice, which I wrote during my mom’s three month stay there. I’ve been thinking about this much recently as I journey with those who wait for their final destination – a holy waiting that is not always easy.
8. On the Subject of Healing This blog was written with much thought and preparation. It was not easy to write, but generated a lot of good conversation. I was thankful I was able to put the wrestling of my mind into words.
9. An Invitation This blog was written at the beginning of the Advent series in 2017, and also talked about the work of my sister Cathy who inspires other through her work of music and spiritual direction.
10. A Grandmother goes Flying Perhaps it is good to end with a humorous piece, although the event of flying in this case was challenging to say the least. But I lived to tell the story!
So there you are, the top 10 of 500.
If you are reading this for the first time, or have hung out with me in the last few years, thank you for dropping by. I’d love to hear from you.